- Whole Roasted Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots
Whole Roasted Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots
Meal Tags: Dinner
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning, divided
- 4 red potatoes, washed and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Arrange the potatoes and carrots in an oven-safe baking dish. Drizzle the oil over the vegetables and season them with half of the poultry seasoning, salt, and peppere. Mix well. Nestle the chicken into the baking dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and season it with the remaining poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Bake the chicken, covered with aluminum foil, until it is almost completely cooked through, about 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the chicken is golden and reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 30 minutes.
Serve immediately topped with the parsley or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.