- Vegan French Toast with Strawberry Sauce
Vegan French Toast with Strawberry Sauce
Meal Tags: Breakfast
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 large baguette or other vegan loaf, sliced diagonally
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- 2 cups strawberries, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
In a blender combine coconut milk, banana, ground flax seeds, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend until completely smooth. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
Heat coconut oil over medium-high in a large nonstick skillet. Dip each piece of bread into the banana mixture and then fry it until it becomes golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional minute or so.
In a small saucepan combine strawberries, lemon juice and coconut sugar. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the strawberries begin to break down. Pour over French toast.