- Summer Vegetarian Pasta Salad
Summer Vegetarian Pasta Salad
Meal Tags: Lunch, Make-ahead, Salad
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegetarian
- 1 pound dried rotini pasta
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn, fresh
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
In a steamer basket, gently steam green beans until they are tender crisp. Run under cold water.
In a large bowl, combine pasta with green beans, summer squash, zucchini, bell pepper, corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Store pasta salad in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.