- Stuffed Mushrooms
Meal Tags: Appetizer, Side, Snack
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian
- 2 tbsp butter
- 18 whole cremini mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided in half
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped mushrooms stems and cook, stirring occasionally, until their juices release, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cream cheese and remove it from the heat. Fill each mushroom cap with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture and place into a lightly greased oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake until the mushrooms have softened slightly and cheese is golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Sderve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.