- Steak & Blue Cheese Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
Steak & Blue Cheese Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Salad
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 1 8-ounce New York striploin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper.
In a cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place the steak in the pan and sear it until a golden crust forms on each side and it is cooked to your liking. Remove the steak from the skillet and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing it thinly.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they soften. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add vinegar, honey and salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes soften. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
Arrange arugula on serving dish of choice. Top with steak strips, vinaigrette and crumbled blue cheese.