- Spicy Southwestern Sweet Potato Hash
Spicy Southwestern Sweet Potato Hash
Meal Tags: Breakfast, Brunch
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- Fresh cilantro
Parboil the sweet potatoes for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large frying pan, cook onion and red pepper until softened, over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring frequently, until it begins to caramelize, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the black beans, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and chipotle pepper. Cook, stirring, for an additional 2 minutes.
Serve immediately topped with the cilantro and a fried egg.