- Spicy Chorizo Queso Dip
Spicy Chorizo Queso Dip
Meal Tags: Dip, Snack
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Nut-free
- 1/2 lb chorizo, removed from its casing
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Pickled jalapeños, for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, crumbling with the side of a spoon, until it is no longer pink. Remove cooked chorizo from the skillet and set it aside.
To the same skillet, add red onion and red bell pepper. Cook until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for another minute. Reduce heat to medium-low, add milk and whisk mixture until it begins to thicken. Stir in cheese, half a cup at a time, until it is completely melted. Return chorizo to the skillet.
Garnish with pickled jalapeños and freshly chopped cilantro.