- Spiced Carrot Cake Cookies
Spiced Carrot Cake Cookies
Meal Tags: Dessert, Holiday
Dietary Tags: Pescatarian, Vegetarian
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried pineapple
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
In another large bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter until it’s light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and continue to beat for another minute. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until they are well combined.
Add the dry ingredients, one cup at a time, mixing until it is fully incorporated. Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
If the dough is a little sticky, place it in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is firm enough to roll into balls.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the oven and gently transfer the cookies to wire rack for cooling before enjoying.