- Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead, Salad, Side
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen, cooked
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the sweet potatoes until they are tender. Drain them in a colander and allow them to cool completely.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients together. Toss with the dressing.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.