- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
Meal Tags: Dinner, Make-ahead, One-pot
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa verde
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 lime, juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In the bowl of the slow cooker, combine the salsa verde, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and cumin. Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the mixture. Season them with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
Once the chicken is tender, transfer the chicken from the slow cooker to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and add the lime juice. Mix well.
Serve the chicken immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.