Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Salad
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Pescatarian
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup cubed extra firm tofu
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon sambal (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup seeded and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu to the skillet and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the tofu is golden on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the heat and set it aside to cool slightly.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest, juice, fish sauce, tamarind paste, coconut sugar, sambal, and ginger. Set it aside.
Arrange the spinach, red cabbage, cucumber, pineapple and pineapple in a serving dish. Top with the mint and peanuts.
Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving or store, undressed, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.