- Roasted Veggie Tacos
Roasted Veggie Tacos
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa verde for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the sweet potato, peppers, and onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with the oil and season them with the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bake the vegetables until they begin to soften and brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the black beans, corn, and lime juice. Return the vegetables to the oven and continue to bake until the beans have heated through, about 5 minutes.
Assemble the tacos by filling the tortillas with the roasted vegetables. Top with the cotija, cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator unassembled for up to 3 days.