- Pear, Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola Pizza
Pear, Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola Pizza
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Nut-free, Vegetarian
- Store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
In a frying pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, reduce heat to medium and cook onion until it begins to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
Spread dough over a well-greased baking sheet. Coat dough with remaining olive oil. Top with mozzarella cheese, pear slices, prosciutto, caramelized onions, blue cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.
Bake until the crust is golden, for between 14 and 17 minutes.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.