- Pad Thai Zoodles
Pad Thai Zoodles
Meal Tags: Dinner
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Pescatarian
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut
- into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 3 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes (if using) until well combined.
In a large wok or nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, stirring often, until golden on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the tofu from the skillet using a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, if necessary (there may be enough oil left in the pan). Add the bell pepper and carrot. Cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sauce and cooked tofu and cook for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, bean sprouts, peanuts, and green onions. Toss well and cook until the zoodles have softened slightly and everything is heated through, about 3 minutes.
Serve immediately, topped with the cilantro, with the lime wedges alongside.