- Mushroom & Goat Cheese Oatmeal
Mushroom & Goat Cheese Oatmeal
Meal Tags: Breakfast, Brunch
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegetarian
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups vegetable broth or mushroom broth
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium skille, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they have softened and begin to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, oats and red pepper flakes. While stirring, bring the mixture to a simmer and continue to cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve immediately topped with the crumbled goat cheese or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.