- Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked orzo
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the membranes and seeds. Boil the peppers until they are flexible, between 3 to 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and bell pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the olives and garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add cooked orzo, chicken, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Greek seasoning, parsley and salt and pepper. Cook until everything is heated through, about 3 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Stuff each pepper with the filling and arrange them in a well-greased roasting dish. Top each pepper with the crumbled feta cheese.
Roast the peppers until the cheese becomes slightly golden, about 15 minutes.
Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
**Note: The orzo in this recipe can be replaced with cooked rice.