- Mediterranean Coucous Salad
Mediterranean Coucous Salad
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead, Salad
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Arrange the chickpeas on a baking sheet. Toss them with the vegetable oil and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake the chickpeas until they begin to crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes.
While the chickpeas are baking, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and oregano. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside.
Cook the couscous according to package directions. Once cooked, transfer it into a large bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, olives, and chickpeas. Stir in the vinaigrette and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the salad immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.