- Lo Mein
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Nut-free, Vegetarian
- 12 oz Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced for serving
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame seeds for serving
Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain them in a colander and set them aside.
In a skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the carrots and cabbage and cook until they begin to soften, another 2 minutes. Stir in the snap peas, noodles, soy sauce, agave, garlic, and ginger. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced slightly and the noodles have heated through.
Serve immediately topped with the green onions and sesame seeds or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.