- Lasagna Soup
Meal Tags: Lunch, Make-ahead, One-pot, Soup
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Nut-free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage, removed from its casing
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound dried farfalle pasta
- 3-4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add Italian sausage and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until it is no longer pink. Add garlic, Italian seasoning and tomato paste. Cook for another minute, stirring well. Add tomato sauce, chicken broth and pasta. Bring mixture to a boil and then cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Turn broiler to high.
Ladle soup into heat safe bowls and top with 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese, a handful of mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Finish with freshly chopped parsley.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.