- Herbed Goat Cheese & Olive Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Herbed Goat Cheese & Olive Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Meal Tags: Appetizer, Holiday
Dietary Tags: Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegetarian
- 1 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 store-bought puff pastry sheet
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
In a large bowl, combine the goat cheese, garlic, parsley, basil, and rosemary. Spread the herbed goat cheese over the puff pastry sheet, leaving 1 inch of pastry exposed along the bottom. Top the goat cheese with the olives. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes over the olives. Brush the exposed strip of pastry with the egg wash.
Roll the puff pastry into a tight log. Set the log seam side down onto a cutting board. Using a large serrated knife, cut the log into 3/4-inch pieces. Transfer the pinwheels onto the baking sheet, cut side up. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops and sides of each pinwheel with the egg wash.
Bake the pinwheels until they are golden, about 17 to 20 minutes.