- Grilled Corn Salsa
Grilled Corn Salsa
Meal Tags: Appetizer, Make-ahead, Side, Snack
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 5 ears of corn, husked
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the grill to high and grill the corn until it goes bright yellow and begins to brown on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Once the corn is cooked, remove it from the grill and allow it to cool completely before cutting the corn off of the cob.
To make the salsa, mix together the corn kernels, bacon, peppers, red onion, basil, red wine vinegar and lime juice. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.