- Grilled Corn & Chipotle Guacamole
Grilled Corn & Chipotle Guacamole
Meal Tags: Dip, Snack
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 3 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 ear corn on the cob, husked
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the corn, flipping regularly, until it has turned bright yellow and developed char marks on all sides, about 6 minutes. Remove the corn from the grill and allow it to cool slightly. Using a sharp, serrated knife, carefully remove the corn from the cob.
Using a potato masher, mash the avocados. Mix in the grilled corn, red onion, tomato, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To prevent the guacamole from browning, cover the surface with plastic wrap.