- Greek Chicken Penne
Greek Chicken Penne
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Nut-free
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring regularly, until it started to brown, about 6 minutes. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it becomes soft and tranlucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for an additional 30 seconds. Add the diced tomatoes, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and olives. Season with Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and stir until it is well coated. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir.
Serve immediately topped with crumbled feta cheese or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.