- Fresh & Fruity Kale Salad
Fresh & Fruity Kale Salad
Meal Tags: Lunch, Make-ahead, Salad, Side
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Pescatarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1/2 cup long grain and wild rice
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups finely chopped green kale
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup halved red grapes
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
Cook the long grain and wild rice according to the package directions.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, agave, salt, and pepper.
In a large bowl, massage the kale with half of the vinaigrette. Toss it with the cooked rice and transfer it to a serving dish. Top with the apple, grapes, cherries, almonds and the remaining vinaigrette.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.