- Falafel Burger
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch
Dietary Tags: Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegetarian
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or oats
- 1 large egg (replace with flax egg for vegan)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor. Gently pulse until all of the ingredients are combine and look like coarse crumbs. Don’t over mix or you’ll end up with hummus.
Form the mixture into 4 patties. Brush each side with olive oil and then place the patties in the refrigerator or freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before grilling.
Grill over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until grill marks develop and the burgers are heated through.
Serve immediately with tomato, onion and tzatziki sauce or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.