- Egg White, Spinach & Artichoke Breakfast Wrap
Egg White, Spinach & Artichoke Breakfast Wrap
Meal Tags: Breakfast, Brunch
Dietary Tags: Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegetarian
- 1 small whole wheat tortilla
- 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 large egg whites
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Spread the cream cheese over the tortilla. Set it aside.
In a skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, another minute. Add the red pepper flakes to taste and artichoke hearts. Continue to cook until the spinach has completely wilted and the artichoke hearts have heated through. Transfer the spinach mixture to the centre of the tortilla.
Reduce the heat to medium and add another teaspoon of oil into the skillet and add the egg whites. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the egg whites have solidified, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg whites to the tortilla and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roll it up.