- Coconut Curry Soup
Coconut Curry Soup
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead, One-pot, Soup
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Pescatarian
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 12 oz extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and red curry paste. Cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the tofu, coconut milk, vegetable broth, fish sauce, brown sugar, and peanut butter until they are well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Finish with lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.