- Coconut Curry Soup
Coconut Curry Soup
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead, One-pot, Soup
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Pescatarian
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 block firm tofu, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In the bowl of a slow cooker, whisk coconut milk, vegetable broth, red curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter until they are well combined. Add white onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, ginger, garlic and tofu. You can replace the tofu with cooked chicken if desired. Cook on High for 3 to 4 hours.
Finish with lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.