- Chili Stuffed Peppers
Chili Stuffed Peppers
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, halved and seeds removed (leave green stems on)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 1 to 2 min. Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the turkey and continue to cook until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Season with the chili powder. Add the beans and diced tomatoes. Cook until the mixture has thickened slightly, about 4 to 5 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the red pepper halves into a baking dish. Fill each pepper half with the chili mixture. Top with the cheddar cheese and bake until the peppers begin to soften, about 15 to 20 min.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.