- Chicken Enchilada Soup | Slow Cooker Recipe
Chicken Enchilada Soup | Slow Cooker Recipe
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead, One-pot, Soup
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup prepared enchilada sauce
- 1 4-oz can chopped green chiles
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook unitl it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the chicken, tomatoes, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and chili powder. Stir in the broth and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced and the flavours have intensified, about 20 minutes.
Serve immediately with lime wedges and cilantro or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.