- Chicken & Corn Soup
Chicken & Corn Soup
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead, One-pot, Soup
Dietary Tags: Nut-free
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, cooked chicken, creamed corn, corn kernels, soy sauce and grated ginger. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture until the soup begins to thicken. Pour in beaten eggs swirling the soup with a chopstick to create ribbons. Stir in green onion.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.