- Carrot Ginger Soup
Carrot Ginger Soup
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Make-ahead, One-pot, Soup
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 6-8 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until they become soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ginger and cook for another minute. Add carrots and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a traditional blender. If using a traditional blender, remember:
• Only fill your blender 1/3 full.
• Remove the centre insert in the lid of your blender to allow hot air to escape.
• Cover 3/4 of the hole with a kitchen towel to avoid splashes.
Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
**CAUTION: Use extreme caution when blending hot liquids in a traditional blender.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.