- Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto
Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it beings to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the squash and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the squash begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the rice and sage leaves and cook until they the rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. If using wine, pour it over the rice and add the broth. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook, covered, occasionally until most of the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.