- Bone Broth
Meal Tags: Make-ahead, One-pot, Soup
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 4 pounds beef bones (short ribs, knuckle bones, oxtail)
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 garlic bulb, cut in half to expose garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Place the beef bones, carrot, celery, onions, leek and garlic onto a nonstick baking tray. Bake until they have lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully transfer the bones and vegetables to a slow cooker. Cover with water and add the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
Strain the broth and allow to cool. Once cooled, remove any solidified fat that has collected on the surface of the broth.
Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 6 months.