- BLT Panzanella Salad
BLT Panzanella Salad
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Salad
Dietary Tags: Egg-free, Nut-free
- 1 sourdough loaf, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the bread with salt and pepper. Bake until it is golden, about 10 minutes. Once golden, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining oil, vinegar, basil, and Dijon.
In a large bowl, toss together the toasted bread, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, and vinaigrette.
Serve immediately after tossing with the vinaigrette.