- Black Bean Burger
Black Bean Burger
Meal Tags: Dinner, Lunch
Dietary Tags: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free, Pescatarian, Vegetarian
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- Green leaf lettuce
- Guacamole or avocado slices
- Sliced red onion
In a food processor, add all of the ingredients and pulse until a “dough” forms. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into burger patties. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
On a well oiled pan or grill, fry the patties over medium-high heat until golden on both sides and they have heated through.
Assemble burger on the buns with the toppings.